GIANT ANGRY BIRDS
FREE SAMPLES OF GROW CURRICULUM: CLICK HERE
We were pretty excited to create and play a Giant Angry Birds game. But we couldn’t believe how excited our students were. Seriously. They kind of freaked out. This is how we did it…
Here’s a basic run-through of how the game play works…
- 2 Teams. We played Guys vs Girls.
- The defense stacked the boxes and positioned the pigs while the offense selected which students will launch the birds from the sling shot.
- The offense had 4 launches (one for each bird) to bring down as many pigs as possible.
- The offense scored a point for each pig it knocks off of the defense’s cardboard box structure.
- After all 4 birds were launched, the teams switched sides.
- We played 3 rounds and then crowned a winner!
It took some trial and error to get each of the components just right, but after lots of testing and experimentation, we were able to get it working pretty consistently.
And here are the links to the websites where we bought some of our supplies…
Green Exercise Ball
More Exercise Balls
Paper Lanterns for Pigs
Sizes of boxes we used:
If you want to see more of this game in action, here is a highlight video that one of our middle school students made…
Connect With Us:
Do you have a question about this game? Did you play this game with your group? Did you modify it for your context? Did you add something to it to make it more exciting and fun? Please tell us about it by leaving a comment below! We would love to connect with you and there are thousands of youth workers that would love to hear your thoughts and ideas!
Do You Know Other Youth Workers?
You know what to do. Share this with them, email this link to them, who wouldn’t want to know about a free archive of Youth Pastor tested games with complete descriptions, pictures, and videos!? Hopefully this website will make their life a little easier.