FROZEN FITTING ROOM
FREE SAMPLES OF GROW CURRICULUM: CLICK HERE
Are you looking for a new game that everyone will be talking about for a while? Well, here it is! All you’ll need to do to play Frozen Fitting Room is take a trip to the thrift store and make some room in the freezer.
Supplies You’ll Need:
1. T-shirts: I would suggest hitting up your local thrift store and buying some XL or 2XL shirts for this game. You will need one t-shirt per team!
2. Freezer: You are going to want to make sure these shirts are rock solid. Turn that freezer down to the lowest setting!
3. Rubber Bands
Frozen Fitting Room Prep:
- Take each shirt you are going to freeze and clump it up into a ball.
- Use rubber bands to keep each shirt in a ball shape, and dip each shirt into warm water.
- Wring out each shirt just enough so that it is no longer dripping.
- Place all the shirts in a tub or on a cookie sheet and put them in the freezer. Make sure you freeze them at least overnight!
- Take the shirts out of the freezer the morning of your event, cut the rubber bands, and separate any shirts that may have frozen together.
- Place the shirts back into the freezer to continue to freeze until right before you plan to play Frozen Fitting Room!
Frozen Fitting Room Game Play:
- Break up your group into teams! When our group played, we had them all get together with their small groups, but you can split your group up however you want.
- Give each team a frozen shirt.
- On your GO, each team will have to unfreeze the t-shirt and put it on one of the members of their team. The first team to unfreeze the shirt and have a member of their team wearing the shirt is the winner!
Frozen Fitting Room a great game to do outside in the summer when it is warm, as the students can use the ground or parking lot to try and break up the shirt. It will also cool down whoever ends up wearing the shirt!
Sit back and enjoy all the different ways your students will try to unfreeze their shirts.
Connect With Us:
Did you play this game with your group? Do you have a question about this game? Did you modify it for your context and add something to it to make it more exciting and fun? Please tell us about it by leaving a comment below! We would love to connect with you and there are thousands of youth workers that would love to hear your thoughts and ideas!
Do You Know Other Youth Workers?
You know what to do. Share this with them, email this link to them, who wouldn’t want to know about a free archive of Youth Pastor tested games with complete descriptions, pictures, and videos!? Hopefully this website will make their life a little easier.
Tired of Looking for Last-Minute Youth Group Games? Try Grow Curriculum & Strategy.
Grow Curriculum & Strategy comes with 50 engaging games complete with screen graphics, instructions, shopping lists, and photos. Check it out here!